Sambo Dasuki is alive and hearty in DSS Custody-Shuaib

NTA Video on Visit to Sambo Dasuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uhmtbqTfNs

Surprisingly, seven days after his family denied the rumours that he was dead, some people are still calling to confirm the true story on the plight of Colonel Sambo Dasuki (Rtd).

Early in the morning of February 23, 2019, when Nigerians go to the poll for Presidential and National Assembly Elections, I received several calls and messages from mostly Editors trying to confirm a rumour on purported death in security custody of the former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki.

Dasuki has been in the custody for more than three years despite being granted bails by more than five high courts while the ECOWAS Court of Justice also ordered the Federal Government of Nigeria to release him immediately from illegal detention.

He had recently berated the Government of President Muhammadu Buhari over his continued detention and disobedience to various court orders that admitted him on bails since December 2015. In a strongly worded letter dated November 12, 2018, which he personally signed and addressed to the Registrar of the Federal High Court Abuja, Dasuki had vowed to boycott any proceeding for his trial since the Federal Government had proved beyond reasonable doubt that it would not obey any order of the court even if it is in his favour.

Alarmed by some audios being spread on the social media on the rumoured death of the spymaster on the election day, I quickly called his family members including his wife and sibling for enquiry.

They expressed similar shock and that they had even received condolence messages from people on the same speculation. One of the family members also told me of their visit to Sambo Dasuki the previous night at the Department of Security Services (DSS) where he is being detained.

I put a call to the spokesperson of DSS, Mr. Peter Afunanya who told me that the ex-NSA is alive.

I was later granted approval to visit the ex-NSA that morning for confirmation.

On arrival at the DSS reception, I was a bit worried seeing a media crew from the government-owned Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), led by Talatu Ezurike at the premises of the secret service.

We were later ushered into the office of DSS spokesperson who described the news of Dasuki’s demise as fake, callous and inciting, saying: “There is no iota of truth or credibility about the rumoured death of Col. Sambo Dasuki. We make bold to state that the former NSA is very much in good health and not dead. Therefore, it behooves the general public to disbelief and condemns the atrocious online story that Dasuki has died in DSS’ custody.”

He later led us (this writer and NTA Crew) to meet the former National Security Adviser in a modest room, that looks like an office.

With a cup of tea before him, Dasuki looked relaxed and unperturbed as he welcomed us. He cracked jokes on his rumoured death.

When he noticed a Camera from NTA crew, he quickly warned against video recording of the encounter. He also said he would not grant an interview to the Television station, even though he cheerfully exchanged pleasantries and threw banters.

We chatted for a while as he expressed himself freely and courageously on how he felt about being unjustly detained after sacrifices to his fatherland.

Before we left, I suggested he should allow his photograph to be taken while he was sitting. He reluctantly agreed.

I pray that sooner than later he would be vindicated and freed from the baseless and malicious allegations against him.

We left afterward.

Since I have an agreement with DSS Spokesperson not to report our discussion, I can only confirm that Sambo Dasuki is alive, hale and hearty when we met him on that Saturday, February 23, 2019.

Yushau A. Shuaib

Author, An Encounter with the Spymaster

yashuaib@yahoo.com

14 thoughts on “Sambo Dasuki is alive and hearty in DSS Custody-Shuaib

• March 14, 2021 at 4:03 am

503781 534422Very fascinating topic , regards for putting up. 811659

• April 1, 2021 at 8:46 am

78284 372548i would need to make far more christmas cards becuase next month is december already- 738647

• April 17, 2021 at 5:19 pm

128338 999228Wow post thanks! We feel your articles are wonderful and want a lot more soon. We adore anything to do with word games/word play. 932393

• May 16, 2021 at 3:02 pm

724749 987256Most suitable boyfriend speeches, or else toasts. are almost always transported eventually through the entire wedding party and are nonetheless required to be very fascinating, amusing and even enlightening together. very best mans speech 785262

• June 1, 2021 at 5:35 am

Product Name Good Quality 5 inch central locking casters For
    Sale
    Material: PA core,PU wheel,Nylon cover
    Size:Ø125x32mm ; Ø150x32mm
    Load:120/150KG
    Bearing: Ball Bearing
    Central lock:Ø28mm ,Ø32mm
    Lock degree:30 degree and 45 degree

caster wheel locking mechanism No.

Wheel Material Bearing Height Lock Stem Loading
    NSCLCSWS-5 125 x 32 PU Ball Bearing 166 Ø32 x
    50 120 kg
    NSCLCSWS-6 150 x 32 PU Ball Bearing 189 Ø32 x 50 150 kg

Advantage of central locking casters
    Housing- no chink & streamline design, dust and water drop is
    not easy to remain on the surface
    Metal brake- not easy to break (Metal stem)
    Inner locking mechanism enhances the wheels to avoiding deviation and saves 15% of
    moving force
    Wheel core with gear is injection-moulded with tread, enhance the strength of wheels.

Special design of cambered surface makes the wheels with dual
    noiseless precision ball bearing in both swivel head and the middle of the wheels reduce the contact area on the ground
    while moving.
    Traditional brake will result in the damage and scratch the
    wheel with sounds.
    Wheels keep static even on a slope of 15 ∘angle
    Technical design for safety.
    Brake can be used more than 10,000 times of standard EN12531 up to 30,
    000 times.

Learn more about the products in our 5 inch central locking casters to find out
    if these casters are right for your application. To get more info or
    place an order, simply contact us online https://medicalcastersco.com/ or email us:
    sales@medicalcastersco.com

Advantages of central locking casters

The biggest advantage of a central locking system is obvious:
    Multiple castors can be locked or released at once.
    Depending on the system, the locking mechanism can be operated by hand instead of with the foot.
    The ergonomic benefit of this for the operator should not be
    underestimated. Furthermore, the lever for the central lock is
    always located at the same position on the equipment. If the equipment is
    fitted with individual locks, on the other hand,
    it is possible – depending on the wheel position – that the
    operating elements may be located underneath the
    equipment. For safety purposes, the lever of a central locking system can also be protected by
    means of a lever lock, if required.

Applications for central locks casters

An example of use: Hospital beds can be equipped with a locking system that acts on all four
    swivel castors simultaneously. The castors are released or
    locked by a pedal. It is also possible to fix two castors in the straight-ahead position to make it easier to push the bed in a straight line.
    The lock can be operated from both sides of the bed.

As a general rule, central locking is recommended in all situations where
    it is important to be able to fix the equipment securely
    in a stationary position and to operate the locking system
    quickly, easily and reliably. In addition to hospital beds, waste containers are
    another typical type of application. We will
    be happy to discuss whether a central locking system is worthwhile
    for your application. Contact us and let TENTE’s experts
    advise you on all aspects of this topic!

• June 18, 2021 at 11:17 pm

260506 484670I visited plenty of website but I conceive this 1 holds something extra in it in it 823542

• August 30, 2021 at 4:22 am

My brother recommended I would possibly like this blog.
    He was once entirely right. This post actually made
    my day. You can not consider simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thank you!

• September 1, 2021 at 5:22 pm

Remarkable things here. I am very satisfied to look your article.
    Thank you a lot and I am looking forward to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

• September 4, 2021 at 11:29 am

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I
    may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.

Look forward to going over your web page yet again.

• September 10, 2021 at 2:01 am

For most recent news you have to go to see internet and on the
    web I found this web site as a best website for