A high court sitting in Imo state has directed the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) not to issue certificate of return to Rochas Okorocha as senator-elect for Imo west senatorial district.

Ngozi Ukoha, a judge, restrained INEC from “departing from its decision not to issue a certificate of return in respect of Imo west senatorial district election.”

A copy of the judgement dated Tuesday, June 11, was seen by TheCable.

The judge gave the order while ruling on an application filed by Osita Izunaso of the All Progressives Grand Alliances (APGA),  pending the determination of the motion on notice challenging the victory of Okorocha who is of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The commission had refused to issue the certificate to Okorocha who was declared winner of the poll after the returning officer reported that he declared the former governor winner under duress.

But INEC said it would meet to consider the the order of the federal high court, Abuja, which asked it to issue the certificate to Okorocha.

The latest court order is the third on the issue, coming after that of the federal high court and a May 23 order from the high court of Imo directing INEC not to issue a certificate of return to any of the candidates in the election.

INEC is expected to announce its decision on the matter later on Tuesday.

Okorocha had earlier been denied accreditation when he arrived the National Assembly Complex for the ongoing inauguration.

The Cable

17 thoughts on “Okorocha In Trouble As Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Him Certificate of Return

• May 4, 2021 at 3:22 pm

993119 701752A blog like yours need to be earning significantly funds from adsense.~::- 389095

• May 18, 2021 at 10:02 am

189222 496532Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So good to search out any individual with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this site is one thing thats wanted on the internet, somebody with a bit of originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the internet! 303370

• June 7, 2021 at 4:58 am

Women’s style indicators can skip local room, time and time.These features are four features and two useful features.

• June 28, 2021 at 11:56 am

340896 637075Top rated lad speeches and toasts, as effectively toasts. may extremely nicely be supplied taken into consideration generating at the party consequently required to be a bit much more cheeky, humorous with instructive on top of this. finest man speeches funny 499803

• August 28, 2021 at 6:36 pm

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great.

I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating
    and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise.

I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually
    a tremendous website.

• September 1, 2021 at 9:37 pm

Hi there, everything is going well here and ofcourse every
    one is sharing data, that’s in fact good, keep up writing.

• September 1, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no back up.
    Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?

• September 4, 2021 at 2:00 am

Excellent write-up. I definitely love this website.
    Continue the good work!

• September 10, 2021 at 4:28 am

of course like your web site however you have to check the
    spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth however I’ll surely come
    back again. quest bars http://j.mp/3C2tkMR quest bars

• September 12, 2021 at 1:45 am

Hola! I’ve been reading your web site for a long time
    now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout
    out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the excellent
    work! scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis
    surgery

• September 12, 2021 at 6:30 pm

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a
    comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment.

Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service?
    Kudos! scoliosis surgery https://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery scoliosis surgery

• September 13, 2021 at 11:19 pm

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time
    to be happy. I’ve learn this post and if I may just I wish
    to recommend you few fascinating things or advice. Maybe you could write subsequent articles relating to this article.
    I desire to read even more issues approximately it!
    quest bars https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=quest%20bars quest bars

• October 17, 2021 at 9:29 am

366715 691949I like this weblog so considerably, saved to fav. 906452

• October 25, 2021 at 10:45 pm

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something.
    I think that you just could do with some % to drive the message house a bit, however instead
    of that, that is magnificent blog. An excellent read.

I’ll definitely be back.

• October 26, 2021 at 12:26 pm

Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was
    just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?

If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.