The Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, has commended the National Assembly over its decision to investigate the crisis at the Edo a the Bauchi state Houses of Assembly.

Obasa, who is the chairman of the Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures of Nigeria, also said the organisation welcomes the recent resolve of the Senate and the House of Representatives to intervene in the squabble at the state Assemblies.

In a personally signed statement on Sunday, Obasa reiterated that the speakers’ conference was not concerned about who becomes the speaker of a state Assembly but the process through which such an individual emerges which must be in line with the rule of law.

According to Speaker Obasa, every legislature in Nigeria has a House rule that must be followed by members and without undue external interference.

The Speaker further noted that the Nigerian constitution stipulates how the legislative arm of government should function as well as the role of its members.

Obasa , while further stressing the stand of the speakers’ conference not to recognise any state speaker that emerges through the ‘back door’, appealed to the governor of Edo, Godwin Obaseki, and his counterpart in Bauchi, Bala Mohammed, to know their limits in relation to the other arms of government in the respective states as dictated by the constitution.

“We stand by our position not to recognise any speaker that does not emerge following the business rules of the affected House of Assembly.

“We also call on the ruling political parties in Edo and Bauchi to step into the crises in the states for democracy to thrive,” Speaker Obasa advised.

The Senate and the House of Representatives recently set up committees to investigate the crisis that have affected the effective take-off of legislative activities in the Edo state House of Assembly.

The 13-man ad-hoc committee of the House of Representatives is chaired by Abdulrazak Namdas, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from Adamawa state while that of the Senate is headed by Aliyu Sabi from Niger.
Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly.

10 thoughts on “Edo, Bauchi Assembly crisis: Lagos speaker commends National Assembly over investigation

• April 11, 2021 at 9:06 am

491381 651461You made some decent points there. I looked on the net for any concern and located most individuals goes in addition to with all your website. 907688

• April 14, 2021 at 12:21 am

I am curious to find out what blog system you happen to be utilizing?

I’m having some small security issues with my latest site
    and I would like to find something more safeguarded.

Do you have any suggestions? asmr 0mniartist

• April 16, 2021 at 12:03 am

I simply couldn’t leave your website before suggesting that
    I extremely loved the standard information an individual provide for your guests?
    Is going to be back steadily in order to inspect new posts asmr 0mniartist

• April 27, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment but after I
    clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well
    I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!

• April 29, 2021 at 12:57 am

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
    It’s the little changes that make the most significant changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

• April 29, 2021 at 9:55 am

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this
    useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this.
    Thank you for sharing.

• April 29, 2021 at 11:49 am

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you
    get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you
    can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any assistance
    is very much appreciated.

• May 4, 2021 at 12:20 am

Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you
    know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

• May 4, 2021 at 10:39 am

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues
    of plagorism or copyright violation? My
    blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do
    you know any methods to help prevent content from being stolen?
    I’d really appreciate it.