Joint Security Panel Worried over Wadume Video

…As DDI Summons  Emergency Meeting of FOSSRA

The panel set up by the military high command to look into strained inter-agency relations between the Nigerian Army and the Nigeria Police is worried over a trending video of the purported confession of the re-arrested notorious Kidnap kingpin Hamisu Wadume in police custody.

The panel was constituted by the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin following a directive by President Muhammadu Buhari asking the military to investigate the killing of three policemen and two civilians in Taraba State by soldiers.

The trending video revealed Wadume confessing that the Army took him to their base and had his handcuff removed through the effort of a welder before he escaped after his initial arrest by the police.

A member of the panel from the intelligence service told PRNigeria in confidence that  Wadume’s purported confession had put the military high command in bad light, stressing that the new development should have been ironed out with the police high command since the investigation is ongoing.

The member said: “We are seriously disturbed and alarmed by the latest video on the purported confession of the re-arrested kingpin, Wadume while in the custody of the police.

“Though it is a commendable effort for the re-arrest of the kidnap kingpin, the video recording of the alleged confession of Wadume while the panel is still conducting its investigation is quite worrisome as efforts are being put in place to ensure smooth relations between the military and the police before the offending confession.

“Though our panel was inaugurated on Friday, August 9 which had an initial one-week deadline, we have been mandated to continue and conclude the probe as soon as possible.. The arrest of Wadume would definitely shed more light on our investigation considering the volume of arrests and interrogations so far.”

The Joint Security Panel headed by Rear Admiral Ibikunle Olaiya, has representatives of the Police, Army, Navy, Air Force, Department of State Services (DSS) and the Defence Intelligence Agency.

Meanwhile, PRNigeria gathered that the Chairman of the Forum of Spokespersons of Security and Response Agencies (FOSSRA), Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu has summoned an emergency meeting of the forum to discuss issues on inter-agency cooperation.

In an invitation notice to the member agencies, Colonel Nwachukwu who is also the Director Defence Information said “the special meeting is sequel to a decision reached at the meeting of CDS with Service Chiefs and Head of Security and Intelligence Agencies on the need for spokesperson/Directors of Information to hold regular meeting to harmonise positions and address joint press conferences to inform the public on efforts of security agencies in addressing security challenges  in the country and other relevant issues.”

With its Secretariat at the Centre for Crisis Commission, FOSSRA has 17 member-agencies in the military, security, response, and intelligence service

9 thoughts on “Joint Security Panel Worried over Wadume Video

• February 5, 2021 at 1:16 am

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

• February 18, 2021 at 6:03 am

I’m so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

• February 19, 2021 at 1:04 pm

I抦 no longer certain the place you’re getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or figuring out more. Thanks for great information I was in search of this info for my mission.

• March 13, 2021 at 5:31 pm

256962 108941This is a terrific internet site, could you be interested in doing an interview about just how you developed it? If so e-mail me! 367911

• March 27, 2021 at 6:54 pm

What i don’t realize is actually how you are not actually much more well-liked than you might be now. You’re very intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, made me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it抯 one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs great. Always maintain it up!

• April 1, 2021 at 8:46 am

543724 72310Thank you for this fantastic post! It has long been really beneficial. I wish that you will carry on posting your understanding with us. 811912

• April 4, 2021 at 12:04 am

I enjoy, cause I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

• April 4, 2021 at 9:30 am

These days of austerity as well as relative stress about getting debt, a lot of people balk up against the idea of having a credit card in order to make purchase of merchandise or pay for a holiday, preferring, instead to rely on the actual tried in addition to trusted technique of making transaction – hard cash. However, if you possess the cash available to make the purchase in full, then, paradoxically, that’s the best time for you to use the card for several causes.

• April 22, 2021 at 6:42 am

738389 351925This really is the suitable weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so significantly its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would wantHaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Fantastic stuff, just fantastic! 188443