Flood:Borno Govt laments, as 20,000 IDPs shelters destroyed

Borno State Government said 20,000 shelters inhabited by internally displaced persons have been destroyed by flood.

Speaking to journalists on Wednesday, the chairperson of the Borno State Emergency Management Agency, Hajiya Yabawa Kolo lamented that flooding has affected 20,000 internally displaced persons households/shelters in ten local government areas of the state.

She said the local governments affected are Maiduguri, Jere, Dikwa, Monguno, Konduga, Ngala, Kala-Balge, Mafa, Gwoza and Bama.

Kolo, said the flooding has compelled her agency to relocate affected IDPs to new locations as the state government continues to battle the flood.

The BOSEMA chairperson, who lamented that goods and properties worth several millions of Naira has been lost to the incident, said her agency has taken over 1,000 sandbags to both formal and informal camps affected by flood to fight back flooding.

She said some collapsing fences have also been rebuilt as the Borno State government has asked all its ministries and agencies with relevant roles to move in.

Yabawa applied to all relevant international agencies, the federal government to come to the aid of the state as the lost is massive.

She said: “The lost is in several millions of Naira and we need help from the relevant United Nations agencies, Norwegian RefugeesCommission and International Organisation for Migration and National Emergency ManagementAgency to tackle this latest challenge.”

She noted that at the moment her agency has moved with needed health interventions to ensure that there is no outbreak of water-borne diseases as a result of the flooding in the camps which has destroyed many latrines.

18 thoughts on “Flood:Borno Govt laments, as 20,000 IDPs shelters destroyed

• June 5, 2021 at 10:25 am

488411 538534This really is the proper blog for anybody who hopes to learn about this subject. You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue along (not that I in fact would wantHaHa). You undoubtedly put a entire new spin for a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just amazing! 33035

• June 20, 2021 at 3:39 pm

669988 399261Can I simply say exactly what a relief to get someone who actually knows what theyre dealing with on the internet. You truly know how to bring a difficulty to light and make it critical. The diet should see this and fully grasp this side on the story. I cant believe youre not a lot more common because you undoubtedly hold the gift. 944580

• July 29, 2021 at 6:31 pm

60344 662208I require to admit that that is one great insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to have in around the ground floor and truly take part in making a thing unique and tailored to their needs. 690596

• August 2, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t fail me just as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely thought you’d have something helpful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something that you could fix if you were not too busy looking for attention.

• August 5, 2021 at 1:41 am

Best Private Proxies – 50 Low cost + Cost-free Proxies! Top notch excellent, Infinite data transfer rate, 1000 mb/s superspeed, 99,9 uptime, Not step by step IP’s, Absolutely no utilization constraints, Various subnets, USA and also Europe proxies – Acquire At this moment – DreamProxies.com

• August 8, 2021 at 8:14 pm

I’m pretty pleased to find this site. I need to to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to see new information on your website.

• August 9, 2021 at 6:39 pm

I needed to thank you for this fantastic read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post…

• August 22, 2021 at 1:26 pm

942966 103414really nice post, i surely really like this amazing internet site, keep on it 884308

• September 2, 2021 at 6:54 am

223085 779383Thank you, Ive just been looking for information about this subject for a even though and yours could be the greatest Ive discovered till now. But, what in regards towards the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the supply? 348119

• September 3, 2021 at 1:36 am

198944 322540I need to admit that that is 1 amazing insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to have in about the ground floor and truly take part in generating a thing particular and tailored to their needs. 243979

• September 3, 2021 at 9:30 am

639437 455437Fantastic blog, Im going to spend a lot more time reading about this topic 257562

• September 29, 2021 at 8:37 pm

910093 274924I conceive this web web site has got some extremely excellent information for everybody : D. 766596