Yinka Sanni, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, assured Nigerians that Stanbic IBTC Bank remains strong, stable and sustainable in its operations. Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC posted a profit of N36 billion for the half-year which ended June 30, 2019 and rewarded shareholders with an interim dividend of N10.2 billion at 100 kobo per share.

“We remain committed to operating to the highest level of corporate governance standards while delivering sustainable long-term value to clients and other stakeholders through world-class innovative operations and our customer-centric approach,” Sanni assured. According to the Chief Executive, the Group’s achievements are an indication that its strategy is delivering on set goals and objectives. He assured that the organisation will continue to invest in its people, processes, and its communities to ensure business sustainability.

He added that in 30 years, Stanbic IBTC has built a culture of excellence in providing its clients with innovative financial products and services as well as contributing to the attainment of the developmental aspirations of the country.

The financial services institution has experienced several transformations in its 30-year history. Investment Banking & Trust Company Limited (IBTC) was incorporated on 02 February, 1989 as a merchant bank. Following the introduction of universal banking and a regulatory requirement for financial institutions to have a N25 billion minimum capital base, IBTC merged with Chartered Bank PLC and Regent Bank PLC in 2005 to become IBTC Chartered Bank PLC, which effectively transformed it into a universal bank. Two years later in 2007, IBTC Chartered Bank PLC merged with the Nigerian subsidiary of Standard Bank Group Limited, to become Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC. The reforms in the Nigerian financial system, which led to the review of the Universal Banking Policy of the CBN and the introduction of a holding company model, led to the adoption of a HoldCo structure by Stanbic IBTC in 2012 to retain its non-core banking businesses.

According to Sanni: “Stanbic IBTC has grown steadily from its early days as a merchant bank to a leading end-to-end financial services provider in the country today, with a balance sheet size close to N2 trillion and a market capitalisation valued at approximately N500 billion in December 2018.”

He explained that the bank, in a clear demonstration of its confidence in Nigeria, facilitated a staggering $589.84 million capital inflow into the country during the second quarter of this year. Indeed, it ranked first among financial institutions that imported capital into Nigeria.

The financial powerhouse is equally determined to help grow and develop a vibrant and productive youth population through sponsorship of projects such as the Higher Institutions Football League (HiFL) billed to run till 2023. The bank actively seeks to engage the youth and help foster unity among them, usingsports, a major passion point for that segment.

Stanbic IBTC is a Nigerian company which had its roots in Investment Banking & Trust Company PLC, formed on February 2, 1989, with Atedo Peterside, CON as the first Chief Executive. The company has since evolved into a full-service financial institution with nine subsidiaries all headed by Nigerians.

Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC has an estimated staff strength of approximately 4,000, 99.9 percent of whom are Nigerians. Additionally, eight of Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC’s ten-member board members are Nigerians.

11 thoughts on “Stanbic IBTC Committed to Delivering Long Term Value to Its Stakeholders – Sanni

• April 1, 2021 at 1:18 pm

367691 897403hello I was very impressed with the setup you used with this weblog. I use blogs my self so congrats. definatly adding to favorites. 73542

• April 10, 2021 at 10:30 pm

What i do not understood is in fact how you’re now not actually a lot more smartly-liked
    than you may be right now. You are very intelligent.
    You understand thus considerably on the subject of this matter, made me for my part
    believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem
    to be interested until it’s something to accomplish with Woman gaga!
    Your individual stuffs nice. At all times deal with it up!

0mniartist asmr

• April 28, 2021 at 4:30 am

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments
    are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the exact same comment.
    There has to be a means you can remove me from that service?
    Appreciate it!

• April 29, 2021 at 4:52 am

Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely think this web site needs much more attention. I’ll probably
    be returning to read more, thanks for the info!

• April 29, 2021 at 9:42 am

Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this
    web page is actually nice and the users are truly sharing nice thoughts.

• April 29, 2021 at 2:05 pm

Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will definitely
    digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will
    be benefited from this web site.

• May 3, 2021 at 9:55 pm

I love what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to
    my personal blogroll.

• May 4, 2021 at 6:50 am

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get three emails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me
    from that service? Many thanks!

• May 7, 2021 at 11:33 am

It is in reality a nice and useful piece of information. I’m glad that
    you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like
    this. Thanks for sharing.

• May 8, 2021 at 2:42 am

Ahaa, its pleasant discussion on the topic of this paragraph here at this web site, I have
    read all that, so now me also commenting at this place.

• May 9, 2021 at 3:37 am

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it
    with someone!