Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) has reacted to the bill to enact a law to impose a communication service tax meant to replace the Federal Government’s proposed 2.5 percentage increase in the Value Added Tax (VAT), describing it as less burdensome on the masses.

The CNPP also threw it’s weight behind a suggestion by former governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha that Nigeria should adopt a reduced Parliamentarian represention from each state of the federation as part of efforts to decrease government’s running costs.

According to the umbrella body of all registered political parties and political associations in country, in a statement issued on Wednesday by its Secretary General, Chief Willy Ezugwu, the bill tagged “Communication Service Tax Bill, 2019” being sponsored by former Senate Leader, Senator Ali Ndume is a lesser evil compared to the impact of a 2.5 percent increase in VAT, which will raise payable VAT to 7.5 percent.

“For us, the Bill proposing levy on electronic communication services like Voice Calls, SMS, MMS, Data usage and Pay per View TV Stations is a lesser evil. The impact on the ordinary citizens will be less burdensome than the proposed 7.5 percent VAT the federal government wants to slam on the already impoverished masses of Nigeria.

“We totally agree with Senator Ndume that the bill would rather enhance distribution of wealth where ordinary Nigerians would benefit than impoverish the masses the more as VAT increment will not only affect the economy negatively but will further reduce the purchasing power of the poorest of Nigerians”, the CNPP observed.

Reacting to the proposed reduction of the numbers of legislative representatives from states at the National Assembly, the CNPP noted that “Senator Okorocha was telling nothing but the truth when he canvassed that one Senator is enough to represent a state at the legislative chamber.

“Like Senator Okorocha, said what is too sacrosanct that Senators and House of Representatives members were doing that only senator per state could not do?

“We therefore urge Senator Okorocha to urgently sponsor a Bill for the amendment of relevant sections of the constitution in line with his thoughts to conserve funds for capital projects to the benefit of poor Nigerians”, the CNPP counselled.

21 thoughts on “CNPP Backs Ndume on Telecoms Tax, Supports Okorocha’s Unicameral Legislature Proposal

• February 8, 2021 at 2:34 pm

Hello

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: newsnowonline.com.ng ?

WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
    – 100% safe for your site
    – real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
    – visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
    – visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
    – visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
    – very low bounce rate
    – very long visit duration
    – multiple pages visited
    – tractable in google analytics
    – custom URL tracking provided
    – boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com

Thanks, Esteban Duke

• March 4, 2021 at 11:39 am

Hello

YOU NEED HELP TO BUILD SEO LINKS FOR: newsnowonline.com.ng ?

I just checked out your website, and wanted to find out if you need help for SEO Link Building ?

WE OFFER YOU THE BEST SEO STRATEGY FOR 2021.

Build an unlimited number of Backlinks and increase Traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.

If You Are Interested, I’m waiting for your response here => seosubmitter@mail.com

Thanks, Jeanna Ng

• March 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm

Hello

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: newsnowonline.com.ng ?

WE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS WITH:
    – 100% safe for your site
    – real visitors with unique IPs. No bots, proxies, or datacenters
    – visitors from Search Engine (by keyword)
    – visitors from Social Media Sites (referrals)
    – visitors from any country you want (USA/UK/CA/EU…)
    – very low bounce rate
    – very long visit duration
    – multiple pages visited
    – tractable in google analytics
    – custom URL tracking provided
    – boost ranking in SERP, SEO, profit from CPM

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST HERE=> ventfara@mail.com

Thanks, Wilhemina Wiegand

• March 30, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Hello

YOU NEED FAST PROXY SERVERS ?

Check it out this Anonymous and Private Proxy Servers.
    – HTTP & SOCKS5 Proxy supported.
    – IP Authentication or Password Authentication available.
    – MORE INFO HERE: https://zeep.ly/UotLg

Thanks, Kayleigh Fogg
    If you no longer wish to hear from us, please reply this email.

• April 7, 2021 at 9:43 pm

I was advisable this blog through my cousin. I’m now not specific if this publish is created by him as not a soul else realize such correct about my trouble. You’re amazing! Many thanks! oratrg.se/map31.php tjock flГ¤skpannkaka ugn

• April 11, 2021 at 6:10 am

Greetings! Incredibly valuable assistance in this certain post! It’s the little modifications that is likely to make the best changes. Quite a few many thanks for sharing!

• April 12, 2021 at 11:57 am

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this web
    page is in fact nice and the users are actually sharing good thoughts.

asmr 0mniartist

• April 13, 2021 at 10:03 am

Certainly feel that which you explained. Your favorite explanation seemed to be on the web The best factor to know about. I say for you, I surely get annoyed whilst people today think of anxieties that they just have no idea about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well as outlined out the whole matter with out having side effect , people can take a signal. Will likely be back again to acquire a lot more. Many thanks tiodo.munhea.se/map7.php nike väst dam

• April 28, 2021 at 2:46 am

When some one searches for his vital thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

• April 28, 2021 at 11:49 pm

You could definitely see your expertise in the article you
    write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers
    like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. All the time follow your heart.

• April 29, 2021 at 9:28 am

I am curious to find out what blog platform you are utilizing?

I’m having some minor security problems with my latest site and
    I would like to find something more safe. Do you have any suggestions?

• April 29, 2021 at 4:16 pm

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon everyday.
    It’s always useful to read articles from other writers and use a
    little something from their websites.

• May 4, 2021 at 3:15 am

I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this
    webpage on regular basis to take updated from newest information.

• May 4, 2021 at 6:55 am

Hello there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment
    form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

• May 5, 2021 at 7:14 am

Hello newsnowonline.com.ng

USANA—High-Quality, Science-Based Nutrition and Skin Care

Millions around the world trust its products such as USANA essentials vitamins.
    This innovative company serves ordinary health-conscious individuals to Olympians and professional athletes.
    Products come from a state-of-the-art FDA approved facility.
    Furthermore, each supplement is the product of the minds of the leading scientists in the world, and formulas developed in USANA’s laboratories.

Browse Our Range Of Supplements To Help Build Your Immune System. Order Online For Express Delivery https://zeep.ly/byXG4

Thanks, Sybil Labelle
    If you no longer wish to hear from us, please reply to this email.

• May 7, 2021 at 8:12 am

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am going through difficulties
    with your RSS. I don’t understand why I can’t join it.
    Is there anybody getting similar RSS problems? Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

• May 8, 2021 at 2:19 am

I savor, cause I discovered just what I was having a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.

Bye