National Human Rights Commission(NHRC) has begun investigation against the some erring Police officers attached to Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Magbon in Ogun State on alleged threat to Life, unlawful arrest and abuse of office.

According to the Commission’s Letter with number C/2019/CPR/2256-2258/HQ, dated 7th of May ,2019 and signed by an officer of the Commission, Faith Okeosisi, who is in charged of Civil and Political Rights on behalf of its Executive Secretary.

The Letter titled, Re: Alleged threat to life,unlawful arrest and

abuse of office against some police officers of Magbon FSARS,

Abeokuta,Ogun state and forwarded to the Comrade Adeniyi, Alimi Sulaiman, who received it on behalf of Centre for Human Rights and Social Justice(CHRSJ).

The letter read in part; “The Commission is in receipt of your Complaint dated 25th March, 2019 on the above subject matter and the complaint has been registered as : C/2019/CPR/2255-2258/HQ and it is receiving attention.Progress in our treatment of the complaint will be communicated to you in due course”.

The Commission Letter was necessitated by the complaint over the plight of police brutality of one Mr. Mutiu Adekunle, for detaining him illegally for five-day at their office located at Magbon in Ogun

State.

Speaking on the issue on Tuesday,Comrade Sulaiman disclosed that Adekunle’s ordeal began on Tuesday, 23rd of August, 2016 when the operatives stormed his office located at 5 Kodesoh Street, Ikeja, Lagos demanding to see a colleague named Kamarudeen Hamzat (popularly known as Alfa) who was  not around when the police officers came.

CHRSJ boss said that though many of the officers of the FSARS,Magbon have never acted professionally in their operations, he lamented that many of them (the officers) have not been bearing their real names, rather they are known by their aliases by residents of the various communities.

He listed the errant police officers as bearing the following names; Swagger, Raufu, Bullet and Teejay whom he stated are currently undergoing investigation at the Kidnapping Department within the Zone 2 Command of the force located at Onikan, Lagos.

“We are happy that the trial of these officers is being carried out in response to a petition filed by the victim dated 19th September 2016 and it’s being handled by an one officer, Abraham Otitoloju (07034324783 or 08082033286),” he said.

The activist revealed that the intervention of the police authorities led to the recovery of some of the items stolen from Adekunle and others but that two of the errant officers have refused to return the items in their possession since 2016 till date.

He listed the errant police officers as bearing the following names; Swagger, Raufu, Bullet and Teejay whom he stated are currently undergoing investigation at the Kidnapping Department within the Zone 2 Command of the force located at Onikan, Lagos but frowning at the way the matter was being handled at the Zonal Command of the Police by saying that they would push the group to approach the law court for recovery of the items and also sought for damages on fundamental human

rights of the victim.

Some of the items carted away from those who were illegally arrested and detained included android phones, ipads, laptops and other instruments being used to repair handsets and other electronic products and.

Meanwhile, Sulaiman who doubles as National Coordinator, Coalition of Civil and Human Rights Organizations (COCHRO), challenged Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer(PPRO), Abimbola Oyeyemi, who used to support the illegality of the men of the force in the State by blackmailing anybody who was trying to expose the atrocities of the Police officers attached to Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad(F-SARS),described Oyeyemi as a pathological liar.

18 thoughts on “Unlawful detention:Human rights Commission begins investigation against some erring Police officers of Federal SARS, Magbon

• April 13, 2021 at 1:50 pm

587725 316109Some actually intriguing information , well written and loosely user genial . 649820

• April 22, 2021 at 4:11 am

62565 596023Wonderful post. I appreciate your attention to this subject and I learned a great deal 671625

• June 22, 2021 at 1:28 am

741650 885372I like the valuable info you give inside your articles. Ill bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. Im quite certain Ill learn lots of new stuff proper here! Greatest of luck for the next! 12162

• September 2, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any
    widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some
    experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.

I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

• September 10, 2021 at 9:07 pm

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright
    violation? My blog has a lot of unique content I’ve either created
    myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot
    of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization.
    Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from
    being ripped off? I’d genuinely appreciate it. quest bars http://tinyurl.com/49u8p8w7 quest bars

• September 11, 2021 at 4:06 am

Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much approximately
    this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something.
    I believe that you can do with some percent to pressure the message home a little bit, but other than that, this
    is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.
    cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

• September 12, 2021 at 5:11 pm

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links
    or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?

My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each
    other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me
    an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!
    scoliosis surgery https://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery scoliosis surgery

• October 3, 2021 at 12:05 am

250833 608676Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn something like this before. So nice to search out any person with some exclusive thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this internet web site is one thing thats required on the net, someone with a bit of originality. helpful job for bringing something new to the internet! 458895

• October 25, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I have
    read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity,
    Guess I will just book mark this page.

• October 26, 2021 at 12:38 pm

I love reading an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!