It’s Illegal For Buhari’s Daughter To Fly Presidential Jet-Falana

Notable human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has added a voice to the controversies raised by the use of a presidential jet by Hanan Buhari, daughter of Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Falana, the use of the presidential jet by the president’s daughter for personal engagements is illegal. The senior legal practitioner urged the president to discourage family members from further use of aircraft in the fleet for their individual activities.

The lawyer argued through a statement on Sunday, January 12, that the policy of the country does not permit the president’s children to fly the presidential jets when they are attending social events.

“In fact, there is no precedent whatsoever for such privatisation of the presidency of Nigeria,” the lawyer said in the statement. “The so called ‘normal practice’ of using the aircraft in the presidential fleet by members of the first family to attend to private engagements is not backed by any extant law or official policy,” Falana said. He said stopping the use of the jets in such manner would help to cut cost of governance.

Garba Shehu, a presidential spokesperson, said Nigeria’s first family have the right to use the presidential jet when they want. Shehu noted that Hanan applied for and got the necessary nod from her father who also told the National Security Adviser (NSA).

13 thoughts on “It’s Illegal For Buhari’s Daughter To Fly Presidential Jet-Falana

• April 1, 2021 at 2:09 am

872333 765821Amaze! Thank you! I constantly wished to produce in my internet web site a thing like that. Can I take element of the publish to my weblog? 219709

• June 15, 2021 at 5:05 pm

617410 240978Great beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web internet site, how can i subscribe for a weblog internet site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent thought. 9616

• September 5, 2021 at 3:32 am

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours lately, but
    I by no means discovered any fascinating article
    like yours. It’s lovely price enough for me. In my view,
    if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably
    did, the net will be much more helpful than ever before.

• September 11, 2021 at 7:51 am

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter
    to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

• September 11, 2021 at 3:38 pm

When someone writes an article he/she maintains the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user can be aware of it.

Therefore that’s why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!
    cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

• October 17, 2021 at 4:23 am

53197 788060I enjoy your composing design, do carry on creating! I will probably be back! 495184