Today, we face real uncertainty in our daily lives with the outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19. More than ever, you need to be able to rely on Jumia to safely support you in your everyday life. At Jumia, our primary concern is the health and well-being of all the participants of our ecosystem – our teammates, consumers, partners, and communities. Providing a safe shopping environment and home delivery has always been a matter of priority for us, and now more than ever before. We want to put forward all our assets to help you face this situation, our marketplace, our JumiaPay e-payment, and our last-mile delivery capabilities.
We are taking many actions in order to adapt our operations to the situations and provide you with the products and solutions you need. Here are a few examples:
- We have launched partnerships to get sanitary products and other basic essentials to consumers at low prices
- We have equipped our logistics partners and last-mile delivery agents with gloves and face-masks. All our warehouses and delivery partners have been trained on the best practices on personal hygiene and social distancing
- We have accelerated the ‘contactless’ operation in order to reduce the use of cash
- We have opened up our platforms to the Health authorities for them to communicate directly with our users
- We are constantly monitoring the health of our employees and delivery associates as per WHO’s guidelines.
Whether you are self-distancing, working from home or fighting COVID-19, we want to help you, to “Stay Safe‘’. We will continue operating so that customers continue to use eCommerce as a safe way to shop in this challenging time. We are proud to work closely with partners, like Reckitt Benckiser, through the “Stay Safe ” campaign to provide access to key products at the most affordable prices. We are ready and committed to supporting the ecosystem of our customers, employees, and sellers as we address this challenge together.
This is a worrying time for many of us, and we want to acknowledge the incredible efforts of all our delivery partners who committed at this time to helping our communities. During this period, if you prefer not to go out to shop, you can safely find everything you need with Jumia. Together with our partners, we’ve focused in minute detail to make our processes safe and hygienic for you. Stay safe, and we look forward to helping you go through those challenges.
We are grateful for your support and your trust and we will continue to update you on any changes. Should you have any concerns or queries, please reach out to our customer support team. To know more about how you can keep yourself and your loved ones safe, access the WHO Site or your local Ministry of Health’s website.
All said and done, individual actions and behavior are vital in preventing the spread of the virus and so today we draw deep from our Africanness and a well-known African proverb to say “It takes a village to raise a child… and it takes a village to defeat a virus”.
CEO, Jumia Nigeria