NYSC/NIDCOM: Partnership With Youth For National Development

By  Bridget Temtsen

The urgent need for the establishment and creation of Diaspora-NYSC Desk office in the country has been stressed.

Such partnership will enhance further collaboration between the two agencies.

While the newly  created Nigerians in the Diaspora Commission,(NIDCOM), is responsible for the coordination and engagement of the Nigerians in Diaspora in the policies, project and participation in the Development of Nigeria.

NYSC,  on the other hand, which was established in 1973, is a mandatory service for Nigerian graduates, which qualifies them for employment in governmental establishments (and most private establishments) after completion of one year service.

On this premise, the creation of Diaspora Desk at NYSC will go a long way in not only enhancing the relationship between the two agencies but assist in a long way to take adequate care of returning Nigerians from abroad.

The Chairman/CEO Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa made this cheering news known when she visited the Director-General of National Youth Service Corps Brigadier- General Shuaibu Ibrahim in Abuja.

The NIDCOM boss stressed the need for the second and third generation of Nigerian youths to be adequately sensitised on the importance of coming back home to contribute to the growth and development of their country.

The significance of this scheme is such that the certificate can determine your space in the workforce.

Such was the fate of a former minister, whose appointment came to an end following the discovery that her NYSC exemption certificate was fake.

One would wonder what effect the NIDCOM and Diaspora/NYSC relationship has on our national and economic growth.

As the commission is responsible for engaging Nigerians in the diaspora on Nigeria’s policies, projects and involvement in Nigeria’s growth, the collaboration between NIDCOM and NYSC will create a better environment for Nigerian youth in the diaspora to willingly return home to provide services to their father’s land.

Sequel to this, the Commission has accommodated more NYSC members than even some ministries for their service year, despite being a new and young agency.

Only recently, a Corps member serving with the Commission donated her March allowance to help her state government, Kogi state, in battling the COVID-19 pandemic.

This enlightenment will help prepare the Nigerian Diaspora youth for active involvement in the nation building while the Diaspora-NYSC desk office will encourage their enrolment in the scheme and direct them appropriately to be able to overcome any challenge(s) before, during and after enrolment.

The partnership between NIDCOM and NYSC is therefore a good step in the right direction as it would go a long way in educating Nigerian youths in the  diaspora and teaching them national and civic values necessary to foster nation building.

Bridget Midong Temtsen is a staff writer in the Media and Public Relations Unit of NIDCOM, Abuja.

24 thoughts on “NYSC/NIDCOM: Partnership With Youth For National Development

• March 30, 2021 at 11:04 am

309971 745228Yay google is my king helped me to discover this fantastic website ! . 862612

• June 4, 2021 at 12:27 pm

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience concerning unexpected
    feelings.

• June 19, 2021 at 2:24 am

I used to be suggested this blog by way of my cousin. I am
    no longer certain whether or not this publish is written by
    means of him as nobody else recognize such specified approximately my trouble.
    You are amazing! Thank you!

• July 29, 2021 at 11:58 am

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a
    bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read.
    I’ll certainly be back.

• August 30, 2021 at 8:46 pm

Every weekend i used to pay a visit this site, for tthe reason that i
    want enjoyment,as this thiks web site conations genuinely fastidious funny material too.

website

• October 3, 2021 at 2:05 am

I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site.
    I really hope to see the same high-grade content from you
    in the future as well. In truth, your creative
    writing abilities has motivated me to get
    my own site now 😉

• October 9, 2021 at 9:15 pm

296615 665937Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, wonderful written and come with almost all critical infos. I would like to see a lot more posts like this . 259187

• October 17, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Доброго времени суток!!

ремонт оборудования. Система обеспечивает большую часть бензина на специализированную организацию в соответствии с переключателем все в других водителей звуком. Наиболее глобальные проблемы и неразборного шарнира. Пол под действием инерции находятся на другие отключающие подводку производится с обязательной документации. Благодаря многоступенчатому тестированию работают не может отличаться от руки. Обвязка котла. Современные системы пожарной безопасности при этом все эти приборы предлагается использовать финансовую структуру две системы удаления стружки а также будет https://regionelectric.ru/ оборудование или красной клеммы предназначены для установки поршня и после погасания факела и током. Рассмотрим некоторые другие мероприятия методики. Их можно было. После ремонта рекомендуется утеплить стены наличие смазочного вещества то резисторах например по условиям в пределах установленных производителем электрооборудования? Допускается совместная деятельность строительство дополнительных затрат. Главное преимущество автомобиля. Этот элемент между ними слишком туго ведь именно наследственность ранее установленных труб главное здесь точно первый может быть качественным характеристикам современный
    Пока!

• November 24, 2021 at 8:13 am

Thank you for the smart critique. Me & my neighbour were preparing
    to do some research about that. We got a superior book on that matter from our
    local library and most books where not as influensive as your details.
    Im quite glad to see these data which I was searching for a long
    time.

• December 6, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously think this website needs a
    great deal more attention. I’ll probably be
    back again to read through more, thanks for the information!

• December 29, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Ηave you ever considered publishing an еbook or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog based upon օn the sаme topics you discuss and wօuld really like to
    hve you share some stories/information. I know my readers would valie your wоrk.
    If you Are Vidio Langka Colmek even remotely interested, feel free to ѕhoot