Alhaji Aliyu Bambado

The Arewa Council of Chiefs in Lagos has slammed the state’s Commissioner of Waterfront, Architect Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi, for allegedly claiming that the council had been giving ‘several tonnes’ of rice.

The council, which said it has not received even a grain of rice from the Lagos State government, warned people to abstain from using its name to carry out fraudulent activities.

In a statement signed by Alhaji Aliyu Bambado, the Galadiman of Lagos, on behalf of the Arewa Council of Chiefs, the body asked the person who announced the purported delivery of rice to prove who mandated him to approach the state government on behalf of the northerners.

Attempts to speak with the Commissioner was unsuccessful as at the time of filling this report as the calls to his phone indicated it was unreachable and neither did he respond to the sms sent to him.

Read the full statement below:

MEDIA STATEMENT BY AREWA COUNCIL OF CHIEFS, LAGOS STATE ON THE PURPORTED ALLOCATION OF RICE TO NORTHERNERS IN LAGOS, THROUGH THE COMMISSIONER OF WATERFRONT*

Our attention has been drawn to a social media information credited to 4 individuals (who, as close friends of his) received several tons of bags of rice from the Lagos State Commissioner for Waterfront , Architect Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi  purportedly on behalf of Northerners in Lagos.

We wish to state the records as follows:

1. That the Lagos State Council of Chiefs or precisely office of Sarkin Hausawa of Lagos has never delegated or nominated anyone to receive palliatives on behalf of Northerners in Lagos

2. That the Council of Chiefs and office of Sarkin Hausawa of Lagos has not seen even a single grain of rice purportedly from either the Commissioner for Waterfront or the Lagos State Government

3. That the fellow who made the social media broadcast on the rice allocation needs to prove who mandated him to approach the Lagos State Government on behalf of Northerners, when the Lagos Council of Chiefs, to which the Sarkin Hausawa belongs was there as the legal and constitutionally recognized body of elders.

4. That anyone who is in doubt of the limits of the powers bestowed on the the Lagos State Council of Chiefs or the office of the Sarkin Hausawan Lagos should visit the Oba of Lagos to have himself educated

5. Any attempt to use the name and office of the Lagos State Council of Chiefs or the office of Sarkin Hausawa for extortion will not be tolerated.

6. That it is totally unacceptable for any person or group of persons to indulge in cutting corners or going through the backdoor to do underhand deals capable of ridiculing the image and respectability of the office of Sarkin Hausawa.

We therefore wish to issue stern warning to the Commissioner for Waterfront to be mindful of allowing his office to be used by shadowy groups of people, who have no legal or Constitutional recognition, as this would amount a  collaboration to defraud the government. We hope all stakeholders will join hands to stop this abhorrent attitude.

We wish to reiterate that henceforth anyone found using the name of our respected traditional institution to take advantage of anything meant for public good will be faced with legal action.

We make bold to say that, at an appropriate time soon, we will roll out the new penalities for acts that are confirmed to be dubious by all standards.

Most importantly, if the Lagos State Government wishes to convey anything that has to do with the legitimate rights of the Northerners resident in the State ( just like this lockdown palliative), it should reach out to the Council of Chiefs through the only known Sarkin Hausawa. We say this because anything worth doing is worth doing well, and the palliative is not a privilege but a right.

Like we once pointed out, the authentic Chairman of  Arewa Council of Chiefs, Lagos State is Alhaji Aminu Yaro Dogara and has  his Deputy, who is also the Sarkin Fulani of Lagos – Alhaji (Dr) Mohammed Bambado; and  Sarkin Hausawan Idi-Araba remains Alhaji Idris Haruna.

Signed

Alhaji Aliyu Bambado

(Galadiman Lagos)

On behalf of:

Arewa Council of Chiefs,

Lagos State, Nigeria

19 thoughts on “Alleged Rice Scandal: Arewa Accuses Lagos Commissioner Of Poor Handling Of COVID-19 Palliatives

• May 14, 2021 at 3:40 am

There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain nice factors in features also.

• May 14, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Yet another thing is that while looking for a good on the net electronics shop, look for web stores that are frequently updated, maintaining up-to-date with the newest products, the best deals, plus helpful information on products and services. This will ensure you are doing business with a shop that really stays ahead of the competition and give you what you need to make knowledgeable, well-informed electronics purchases. Thanks for the crucial tips I have really learned from the blog.

• May 17, 2021 at 9:19 pm

I keep listening to the reports lecture about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?

• May 18, 2021 at 8:37 am

Thanks for the concepts you have shared here. Furthermore, I believe there are a few factors that will keep your car insurance premium lower. One is, to take into account buying motors that are inside good directory of car insurance organizations. Cars that are expensive tend to be more at risk of being snatched. Aside from that insurance is also based on the value of your automobile, so the more pricey it is, then higher a premium you spend.

• May 18, 2021 at 10:18 am

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He was once entirely right. This submit actually made my day. You cann’t believe just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

• May 20, 2021 at 10:02 am

I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today..

• May 24, 2021 at 10:38 am

I precisely wished to appreciate you all over again. I’m not certain what I might have implemented in the absence of the entire tips and hints provided by you directly on such area of interest. It actually was the distressing dilemma in my circumstances, however , looking at the well-written avenue you treated it made me to leap for joy. Extremely happier for the help as well as wish you recognize what a powerful job that you are undertaking teaching the mediocre ones using a web site. I’m certain you’ve never come across any of us.

• May 24, 2021 at 8:11 pm

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just cool and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

• May 28, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

• June 12, 2021 at 12:30 am

Along with everything which appears to be building inside this particular subject matter, many of your viewpoints tend to be rather stimulating. Having said that, I beg your pardon, because I do not subscribe to your entire suggestion, all be it exciting none the less. It looks to everyone that your opinions are not entirely validated and in simple fact you are generally yourself not really totally convinced of your argument. In any case I did take pleasure in examining it.

• June 17, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Greetings from Florida! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome site!

• July 3, 2021 at 3:26 am

We’re a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful information to paintings on. You have performed a formidable task and our whole group will be thankful to you.

• July 8, 2021 at 12:53 am

One thing is that often one of the most widespread incentives for using your credit card is a cash-back or maybe rebate offer. Generally, you’ll receive 1-5 back with various acquisitions. Depending on the credit card, you may get 1 in return on most acquisitions, and 5 again on expenses made using convenience stores, gasoline stations, grocery stores plus ‘member merchants’.

• July 12, 2021 at 8:55 pm

An fascinating dialogue is worth comment. I believe that you should write extra on this topic, it might not be a taboo topic but typically people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

• July 16, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for your post. Another element is that being photographer requires not only difficulties in recording award-winning photographs but hardships in getting the best photographic camera suited to your requirements and most especially issues in maintaining the standard of your camera. This can be very genuine and evident for those photography fans that are directly into capturing a nature’s interesting scenes : the mountains, the forests, the particular wild or the seas. Visiting these amazing places definitely requires a digicam that can meet the wild’s hard area.

• July 19, 2021 at 8:58 am

One more thing to say is that an online business administration training is designed for college students to be able to easily proceed to bachelor’s degree courses. The 90 credit diploma meets the lower bachelor education requirements and once you earn your current associate of arts in BA online, you may have access to the most up-to-date technologies in such a field. Some reasons why students want to be able to get their associate degree in business is because they can be interested in this area and want to receive the general education and learning necessary previous to jumping into a bachelor diploma program. Many thanks for the tips you actually provide within your blog.

• July 23, 2021 at 10:41 am

396956 106190Just wanna comment that you have a quite good internet site, I the style and design it truly stands out. 823471