Kaduna ICT Hub Funds Young Nigerian Inventor to Produce Ventilators

Dalhatu Usman

The Kaduna State ICT Hub has granted financial resources for the production of  ‘sophisticated’ ventilators whose prototype was fabricated by Dalhatu Usman, a 200-Level student of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria.

The Chief Executive Officer of KAD ICT Hub, Engr. Yusuf Bashir, said the firm provided the fund and resources to encourage the young inventor and tackle the menace of the Coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Recalled that Dalhatu Usman, the 20-year-old young undergraduate, had designed and produced a manual ventilator to be used in treating coronavirus patients. He later transformed his emergency ventilator idea into portable E-vent automatic ventilator.

The Governor Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State had also pledged the support of his administration to the young innovator and other from the state to achieve their dreams and obtain the patent to produce more for the world.

The KAD ICT Hub helmsman told PRNigeria, that young innovator was tasked to come up with the project following the outbreak of coronavirus in the country.

Engr. Bashir, a software engineer and wireless communication specialist with extensive experience in entrepreneurship and training said: “This kind of invention portends good omen for the technological development of our country. Since he was in 100-Level, we discovered that Dalhatu Usman has a matured, innovative and advanced mind that need to be supported. We have therefore created an enabling environment for him with adequate supports and encouragement.

“With the pandemic ravaging many societies, we tasked the young inventor to focus his attention on designing the ventilator as there will be in high demand for it in the country. We have so far provided him with adequate funds and other necessary resources including offering a professional designer and quality research information to guide in the design of the project.

“So far, we have already completed the “Beyond Clean” machine with the young ABU undergraduate and already partnering the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria (MAN) and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), in various relevant ways to support the biomedical device in treating COVID-19 patients.

“Meanwhile, on the clinical trial of the prototype of the ventilator, we have been working with the Federal University Teaching Hospital in Gombe and improving the device based on their recommendations. So far, we have gotten incredibly very positive feedbacks as the Hospital is testing the ventilator.”

The Kaduna State Government is a strategic partner of the KAD ICT HUB, a place where entrepreneurs, software developers and technologists converge to develop world-class products and solutions for the domestic and international markets.

12 thoughts on “Kaduna ICT Hub Funds Young Nigerian Inventor to Produce Ventilators

• June 14, 2021 at 2:40 pm

419220 835661A person essentially support to make seriously articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your site page and thus far? I surprised with the research you produced to make this particular publish incredible. Great job! 817731

• August 3, 2021 at 12:03 am

631042 748966Oh my goodness! a amazing post dude. Thanks Nevertheless My business is experiencing problem with ur rss . Dont know why Not able to sign up for it. Possibly there is any person obtaining identical rss difficulty? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx 469271

• August 30, 2021 at 12:57 am

Today, I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave
    it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

• September 1, 2021 at 12:21 pm

938184 451621Im glad I identified your article. I would never have made sense of this subject on my own. Ive read some other articles on this subject, but I was confused until I read yours. 567862

• September 1, 2021 at 4:34 pm

excellent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector do not
    understand this. You should continue your writing. I am
    sure, you have a great readers’ base already!

• September 1, 2021 at 5:44 pm

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was
    once a enjoyment account it. Glance complicated to far brought agreeable from you!

However, how can we keep in touch?

• September 4, 2021 at 3:48 am

If some one desires to be updated with newest technologies therefore
    he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to date every day.

• September 5, 2021 at 8:29 am

For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty very rapidly it will be renowned,
    due to its quality contents.

• September 10, 2021 at 11:20 am

First of all I would like to say wonderful blog! I had
    a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
    I’ve had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my
    thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10
    to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Thanks!
    quest bars http://bitly.com/3jZgEA2 quest bars

• October 25, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your articles.

Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same
    subjects? Thanks!

• October 26, 2021 at 12:53 pm

If some one wishes expert view on the topic of blogging afterward i advise him/her to go to see this web site, Keep up the pleasant job.