Despite the lifting of ban on worship centres by governors of Lagos and Ogun, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Senator Dapo Abiodun, the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries has differed it’s reopening till September 13, after the evaluation of readiness by compliance committee.
A statement sighted by Newsnow said some measures must be in place before reopening in order to forestall any unpleasant situation.
The statement also gave guidelines about programs to be embarked upon after reopening.
Also, pastors who are 65 years and above have been advised to stay at home for now, while deliverance and midweek programs have been suspended till further notice.
Below is the full text of the statement.
Wonderful people of God, good morning to you all. We had a meeting with the G.O. yesterday night and we arrived at the following:
1. MFM Churches in Lagos and Ogun states will not open yet.
2. We need to observe and properly appraise post-lockdown indices before opening our branches.
3. We must be careful not to make any mistakes because all eyes will be on us.
4. No deliverance program after opening.
5. Tentative date to reopen is 13th of September.
6. Compliance Committee has been constituted by the G.O.
7. It is imperative for every branch to officially invite the Compliance Committee for evaluation of state of readiness.
8. The Committee must issue a letter of authorization before reopening.
9. What is the committee coming to evaluate? Our compliance with the government guidelines !
10. What are we expected to do?
a. Provision of wash hand basins with flowing tap water.
b. Hand sanitizer.
d. Spraying machines.
e. Disinfectants etc.
11. One and half hours multiple service on Sunday only.
12. Pastors who are 65 years and above should stay at home.
13. No midweek programmes.
14. 70 days fasting to start in September.
Kindly revert to me for any needed clarification.
You are lifted and favoured in Jesus name.