Amb Carrington
Amb Carrington With His wife Arese

A former United States ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, is dead.

A family statement signed by his Nigerian wife, Arese Carrington, said Mr Carrington died on Tuesday. She did not state the cause of his death.

“It is with a heavy and broken heart but with gratitude to God for his life of selfless humanity that I announce the passing of my beloved husband Walter Carrington, former U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria and Senegal.

“He passed away peacefully, surrounded by loved ones at the age of 90 years old on Tuesday, August 11th, 2020. Further announcements will be made shortly,” the statement read.

Mrs Carrington described the late diplomat as a loving husband, father, grandfather, cousin, uncle, friend and in-law.

“Ralph Waldo Emerson said…It is not the length of life but the depth of life.

“Walter was fortunate, his life had both length and depth,” she said in the statement.

About the late diplomat

Mr Carrington, who celebrated his 90th birthday a fortnight ago, served as the United States Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Senegal and Nigeria.

He served as the U.S. Ambassador to Senegal from 1980 to 1981 and was later appointed by former U.S. President, Bill Clinton, in 1993 as the ambassador to Nigeria, where he remained until 1997.

His Exploits During NADECO Days

Mr. Carrington was a pillar of support during the hey days of National Democratic Coalition, NADECO, to actualise the mandate given to late Mashood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola.

He gave his support to the CSOs that he was branded NADECO Ambassador by the late head of state, Gen. Sani Abacha.

Mr Carrington will be sorely missed by the human rights community and lovers of democratic ideals all over the world.

In recognition of his support, the street that housed US foreign mission in Lagos formerly Eleke Crescent, was renamed after him as Walter Carrington Crescent.

May his soul rest in peace.

23 thoughts on “Ex-US ‘ NADECO’ Ambassador, Walter Carrington, Is Dead + His Exploits During NADECO

• April 7, 2021 at 10:35 pm

179893 167827There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also. 335813

• April 12, 2021 at 1:28 pm

958357 366643This really is a good blog i ought to say, normally i don????t post comments on other people???? blogs but would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! 362568

• April 23, 2021 at 11:52 pm

45207 708220Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with exactly the same comment. Is there any means you possibly can remove me from that service? Thanks! 54077

• June 7, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I run a vape shop submission site and we have had a posting from a vape shop in the United States that likewise advertises CBD products. A Month later on, PayPal has written to use to say that our account has been limited and have requested us to take out PayPal as a payment method from our vape store website directory. We do not offer CBD products such as CBD oil. We merely provide online marketing professional services to CBD companies. I have had a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Major Health and wellness Merchant and if you take a close peek, you will witness that they offer for sale a relatively extensive stable of CBD items, particularly CBD oil and they also happen to take PayPal as a payment solution. It seems that PayPal is applying twos sets of rules to different firms. Because of this restriction, I can no longer take PayPal on my CBD-related website. This has restricted my payment options and currently, I am intensely dependent on Cryptocurrency payments and direct bank transfers. I have checked with a lawyer from a Magic Circle law office in The city of london and they stated that what PayPal is undertaking is definitely against the law and discriminatory as it should be applying an uniform benchmark to all companies. I am yet to talk with a different lawyer from a US law practice in London to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the USA. For the time being, I would be highly appreciative if anybody here at targetdomain could offer me with alternative payment processors/merchants that work with CBD firms.

• June 26, 2021 at 4:29 pm

I manage a vape store website directory and we have had a posting from a vape store in the USA that likewise markets CBD goods. A Calendar month afterwards, PayPal has written to use to claim that our account has been restricted and have asked us to remove PayPal as a payment method from our vape store directory site. We do not sell CBD product lines like CBD oil. We merely provide internet marketing professional services to CBD companies. I have taken a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Reputable Health and wellness Merchant and if you take a close peek, you will see that they sell a relatively extensive stable of CBD goods, specifically CBD oil and they also happen to take PayPal as a settlement solution. It emerges that PayPal is employing twos sets of rules to different companies. Due to this constraint, I can no longer take PayPal on my CBD-related website. This has restricted my payment possibilities and right now, I am heavily dependent on Cryptocurrency payments and direct bank transfers. I have checked with a barrister from a Magic Circle law practice in London and they stated that what PayPal is undertaking is entirely illegal and inequitable as it should be applying a consistent benchmark to all firms. I am still to speak to yet another lawyer from a US law office in The city of london to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the United States. For the time being, I would be highly appreciative if anybody here at targetdomain could offer me with substitute payment processors/merchants that work with CBD firms.

• June 27, 2021 at 10:59 am

what strength cbd oil should i use uk

• July 3, 2021 at 7:06 pm

Has anyone shopped at Let’s Vape Vapor Store located in 1881 Lombard St?

• August 2, 2021 at 3:38 am

are vapes and juices allowed on planes

• August 22, 2021 at 3:08 pm

By way of introduction, I am Mark Schaefer, and I represent Nutritional Products International. We serve both international and domestic manufacturers who are seeking to gain more distribution within the United States. Your brand recently caught my attention, so I am contacting you today to discuss the possibility of expanding your national distribution reach.We provide expertise in all areas of distribution, and our offerings include the following: Turnkey/One-stop solution, Active accounts with major U.S. distributors and retailers, Our executive team held executive positions with Walmart and Amazon, Our proven sales force has public relations, branding, and marketing all under one roof, We focus on both new and existing product lines, Warehousing and logistics. Our company has a proven history of initiating accounts and placing orders with major distribution outlets. Our history allows us to have intimate and unique relationships with key buyers across the United States, thus giving your brand a fast track to market in a professional manner. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your brand further. Kind Regards, Mark Schaefer, marks@nutricompany.com, VP of Business Development, Nutritional Products International, 101 Plaza Real S, Ste #224, Boca Raton, FL 33432, Office: 561-544-0719

• September 1, 2021 at 3:02 pm

554161 243444An very fascinating read, I may possibly possibly not agree completely, but you do make some quite valid points. 915744

• September 12, 2021 at 3:08 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Dime Piece LA celebrity streetwear brand? I am having trouble to check out on Dimepiecela site. I have read in Women’s Health Mag that the brand was bought out by a UK hedge fund in excess of $50 m. I’ve just bought the Cassette Playa Phone Cases from Ebay and absolutely love it xox