Alleged Dictatorship:Yoruba World Congress Removes Banji Akintoye

After a week of total silence and discreet consultations with  various Yoruba Leaders and Traditional rulers, the apex organ of the Yoruba World Congress has painfully but patriotically relieved Banji Akintoye, a retired Professor of history, of his position as Protem Leader of the global organization.

In a statement jointly signed by four of the co-founders of the world wide organization, namely Dr Amos Akingba, Chief Tola Adeniyi, Chief Solagbade Popoola and Professor Anthony Kila, and shared with all registered members of the YWC, Akintoye is charged with gross incompetence, indecisiveness, obnoxious dictatorship, and absolute disregard for laid down rules, order, structure, consistency and reliability – all of which he has failed  to acquit himself.

For examples, Akintoye has one leg in the motley associations which elected him Yoruba Leader at Ibadan in August 2019, another leg in Afenifere, a leading Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural political organization where he is the Chairman of that body’s Political Committee and strangely another leg in YWC where he has been decorated as Protem Leader since late 2018.

His legendary divisiveness has created unprecedented acrimony and confusion in all the listed entities, particularly in the European and American chapters of the YWC.

In order to save the soul and spirit of YWC and sustain the huge goodwill and confidence the entire Yoruba race has in the respectable agenda and activities of our organization, it was unanimously resolved that retired Professor Banji Akintoye must be relieved of his Protem position in YWC to enable us continue the urgent agenda of the organization.

Meanwhile the Yoruba World Congress will be administered by Collective Leadership pending the time our new Leader is introduced to the public.

For emphasis, the decision was reached after one week of turmoil and various attempts to quitely and internally solve a crisis that originated from an attempt by Akintoye and some other people to hijack the YWC Leadership structure by removing members of the Leaders Council.

It will be recalled that on Tuesday 25th August, the YWC Leaders’ Council refused to sit in a meeting in which Prof Akintoye imported some 20 plus uninvited people to the YWC Leaders’ Council Meeting. Information gathered has now shown that many of these people are not even YWC members.

Since then several attempts have been made to mend fences but it has now become clear that Prof. Akintoye has made up his mind to pitch his tent with those outside the YWC against the YWC.

All attempts to make Prof Akintoye retrace his steps came to halt when it was gathered that some people had sworn to an Oath to dissolve the YWC.

The YWC Leaders‘ Council wishes to assure bonafide members and friends of YWC across the globe that the YWC remains intact and all the activities and commitments shall continue as no one man’s action or inaction  can demolish the bond and dreams of millions of Yoruba people.

Prof. Akintoye remains the Yoruba Leader as elected in Ibadan in August 2019 but that position is now clearly in conflict with being the same YWC Leader and so it has to be reviewed and it is now duly reviewed.

16 thoughts on “Alleged Dictatorship:Yoruba World Congress Removes Banji Akintoye

• May 18, 2021 at 8:28 pm

636950 247691That is some inspirational stuff. Never knew that opinions could be this varied. Be confident to maintain writing. 917571

• May 24, 2021 at 12:57 pm

874474 143798I recognize there is surely a great deal of spam on this weblog. Do you want support cleansing them up? I might support in between classes! 531185

• August 30, 2021 at 11:12 am

Having read this I believed it was extremely informative. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this content together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount
    of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

• September 1, 2021 at 1:28 pm

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to
    be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this
    article. I wish to read more things about it!

• September 2, 2021 at 12:13 am

Hi there I am so excited I found your site, I really found
    you by error, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks for a
    remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
    go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it
    and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time
    I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

• September 4, 2021 at 8:47 am

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to
    make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just
    posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to
    read?

• September 5, 2021 at 9:20 am

What’s up to every one, the contents existing at this
    site are in fact amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

• September 5, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Very good information. Lucky me I found your blog
    by chance (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!

• September 11, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a
    sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the
    shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit
    crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

• September 13, 2021 at 11:39 am

Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I found a
    placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!
    ps4 games https://bit.ly/3z5HwTp ps4 games