The Federal Government has secured a landmark victory in its pursuit to overturn a $10 billion judgement awarded against it in a case against Process and Industrial Developments (P&ID).

The Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), in a statement  in Abuja on Friday, said the court has granted Nigeria’s application for an extension of time and relief from sanctions due to the exceptional circumstances where the government has uncovered evidence of massive fraud in procuring the award.

Malami said the court heard evidence from the government and the offshore shell company P&ID in relation to the gas supply and processing agreement (GSPA).

This agreement was entered into by the parties 10 years ago and which was never performed.

He said the Buhari-led administration, having inherited the dispute from the previous administration, only recently uncovered evidence that the GSPA was a sham commercial deal.

It will be recalled that the GSPA deal was brokered by former attorney general and commissioner of justice in Lagos state, Mr. Supo Shasore.

The court held that; “At least I accept Mr. Howard’s submission that there is a prima facie case that Mr. Shasore made payments to Mrs. Adekure and Mr. Oguine to purchase their silence in relation to his conduct of the arbitration and settlement negotiations.  There is therefore a prima facie case that the arbitration proceedings were tainted.

“As to the jurisdiction and liability stages of the arbitration there is a prima facie case that they were tainted by the conduct of Nigeria’s advocate, Mr. Shasore.”

Malami said it was designed to fail from the start, and that its subsequent arbitral award was based on fraud and corruption.

He said the government relied on a number of ongoing investigations across multiple jurisdictions to build its case.

He said that the government would proceed to a full trial of the issues, where government’s substantive application to finally set aside the award would be heard.

He added that the government of Nigeria was pleased with the outcome from the

High Court hearing.

“This is a major victory in our ongoing fight against the vulture-fund-backed P&ID, to overturn the injustice of the multi-billion dollar arbitral award.

“In light of the new and substantive evidence presented regarding P&ID’s fraudulent and corrupt activities, the Court has granted our application for an extension of time to hear our challenge out of normal time limits.

The Federal Government will now proceed to a full hearing of our fraud

challenge in the coming months,” he said.

Extract From  P&ID Judgment….Supo Shasore Indicted

1. In my view there is a strong case that the GSPA was procured by bribery..

2. In my view Nigeria established a strong prima facie case that Mr. Quinn gave perjured evidence to the tribunal

3. There is a possibility that Mr. Shasore has been corrupted.  At least I accept Mr. Howard’s submission that there is a prima facie case that Mr. Shasore made payments to Mrs. Adekure and Mr. Oguine to purchase their silence in relation to his conduct of the arbitration and settlement negotiations.  There is therefore a prima facie case that the arbitration proceedings were tainted.

4. As to the jurisdiction and liability stages of the arbitration there is a prima facie case that they were tainted by the conduct of Nigeria’s advocate, Mr. Shasore

17 thoughts on “Former Lagos Attorney-General, Supo Shasore Indicted As Nigeria Secures Landmark Victory In P&ID Contract Suit

• March 14, 2021 at 3:19 pm

168121 930933I like this blog so a lot, saved to my bookmarks . 766099

• June 20, 2021 at 11:32 pm

705068 991809when i was a kid, i adore to receive an assortment of birthday presents like teddy bears and mechanical toys, 459856

• August 21, 2021 at 10:42 am

203175 814796Satisfying posting. It would appear that a lot of the stages are depending upon the originality aspect. Its a funny thing about life in case you refuse to accept anything but the most effective, you extremely often get it. by W. Somerset Maugham.. 709761

• September 2, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Amazing things here. I am very satisfied to see your article.
    Thanks a lot and I’m taking a look forward to contact you.

Will you please drop me a e-mail?

• September 12, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Having read this I thought it was really enlightening.
    I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put
    this article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting.
    But so what, it was still worth it! cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

• September 12, 2021 at 7:08 pm

Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your
    post is just great and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and
    please continue the rewarding work. ps4 games https://j.mp/3z5HwTp ps4

• October 25, 2021 at 9:09 am

Hello to every one, it’s really a good for me to pay a quick
    visit this website, it consists of valuable Information.

• October 26, 2021 at 2:27 pm

I know this website offers quality dependent articles or reviews and additional material, is there any other web site which gives these kinds of things in quality?

• December 17, 2021 at 3:25 pm

569183 40420There is noticeably a great deal of funds to comprehend this. I assume you produced certain nice points in features also. 630292

• December 21, 2021 at 12:45 am

595255 183284Hi, you used to write excellent articles, but the last several posts have been kinda boring I miss your tremendous posts. Past few posts are just slightly out of track! 423115

• December 29, 2021 at 12:41 pm

401052 174664I got what you intend, saved to bookmarks , really decent internet website . 344944

• January 5, 2022 at 6:18 pm