The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said that its bonafide candidate for the Anambra governorship election slated for November 6 is Valentine Ozigbo.
It will be recalled that Ugochukwu Uba claimed to have emerged in another location yesterday in the state.
Spokesman of PDP, Kola Ologbondiyan In a WhatsApp message to reply Newsnow enquiries about the authentic candidate between Ozigbo and Uba simply wrote, “The PDP produced Valentine Ozigbo as the candidate of the party for the November 6, 2021 gubernatorial election of Anambra State. Thank U!”
In a keenly contested election, Valentine Ozigbo, former CEO of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria PLC (Transcorp) wins PDP gubernatorial primaries election.
Ozigbo polled a total of 62 votes out of 218 votes to beat his closet rival Dr Obiora Okonkwo who polled 58 votes while Senator Uche Ekwunife came 3rd with 44 votes.
2 void votes were voided.
The full result is as follows:
1. Hon. Chris Azubuogu (10 votes)
2. Mrs. Genevieve Ekwochi (3 votes)
3. Barrister Emeka Etiaba SAN (Stepped down)
4. Senator Uche Ekwunife (44)
5. Chief Goddy Ezeemo
6. Chief Johnny Maduafokwa
7. Dr. Godwin Maduka (5 votes)
8. Dr. Tony Nwoye (Stepped down)
9. Chief Chuma Nzeribe
10. Walter Ubaka Okeke (2 votes)
11. Dr. Obiora Okonkwo (58 votes)
12. Dr. Ifedi Okwenna (1 vote)
13. Lady Chidi Onyemelukwe (2 votes)
14. Mr. Valentine Ozigbo (62)
15. Senator Ugochukwu Uba and
16. Dr. Winston Udeh (12).