WELCOME REMARKS OF THE NATIONAL SECRETARY OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) CARETAKER/EXTRAORDINARY CONVENTION PLANNING COMMITTEE (CECPC), SEN. JOHN JAMES AKPANUDOEDEHE DURING A MEETING WITH THE STATE CARETAKER CHAIRMEN AT BUHARI HOUSE, THE APC NATIONAL SECRETARIAT ON FRIDAY 16TH 2021.
May I commence by commending the leader of our party, President Muhammadu Buhari for steering the Ship of our Statehood on course during very trying times.
The grit of a leader becomes established when a nation faces difficult times and our dear President has shown unparalleled leadership in the face of global economic downturn, low revenues and artificial insecurity. He deserves our utmost support as he continues in building infrastructures despite the circumstances. Just yesterday, he carried out the groundbreaking for the Kano-Kaduna rail project. The inclusion of many Nigerians in the social safety net is also worthy of our commendation.
May God bless and sustain him for Nigeria.
May I also extend the best wishes of the National Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of our great party, Hon. Mai Mala Buni. This party is so blessed to have a man like him at the helm of its affairs at this time.
At a time when some of the leaders of other parties are telling us that their own National Chairman is a liar, we in APC are blessed to have a very focused leadership, calm and collected, who is honest and is achieving tremendous results, day by day.
Within a short period of time, under his leadership, the party has recorded fundamental achievements which persons may have thought impossible.
– The membership registration has been a huge success.
– We have won off-cycle elections in 99% of the states/Constituencies that came up.
– The Constitution review exercise of our party is done and dusted.
– Peace has returned to the party, and this has enhanced the growth of the party.
– The party has grown from strength to strength, this is evident by the coming of 3 governors into our party, former governors and former speakers of the house of representatives, Serving and non-Serving Senators,etc. And more are coming.
DOES THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN NOT DESERVE A STANDING OVATION?
As you are aware, the Congresses of our party will commence soon, it became pertinent that we brief you as a First-Line-Charge, on the details of the exercise and what is expected of you.
On behalf of the CECPC, may I thank you for the work you’re doing in your states, especially with the membership registration and Peace-building.
Although, there are some of the states that we’ve received complaints over the handling of the registration exercise, we shall not generalise it and we’ll see how to prevent it from happening in this context.
This very exercise is so important for the progress of this party and we must get it right.
A lot depends on you seated here.
– No hoarding of forms shall be tolerated.
– The party urges all stakeholders to encourage consensus arrangements because this is a family affair. It is also a constitutional provision in our party.
– The Local organizing Committees and selection of ad hoc officials should be done in consultation with all the stakeholders in each state.
– For other details and other matters, the guidelines will be published after this meeting.
Thank you for coming.
*NOTE*: Chairman, Forum of APC State Caretaker Chairman and Caretaker Chairman in Borno State, Hon. Ali Bukar Dalori in remarks on behalf of the State Caretaker Chairmen expressed satisfaction of the Forum with the Governor Mai Mala Buni-led CECPC.
Dalori particularly commended the successful implementation of the CECPC’s mandate to bring peace, reconciliation and reposition the APC.
He hailed the successful membership registration registration, revalidation and register update excercise which has seen the APC swell its membership to over 40 million. Dalori praised the Governor Buni-led CECPC for bringing into the APC three serving governors from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).