Aspirants in the forthcoming Senatorial Primaries of the All Progressives Congress APC, in the Ondo South Senatorial District, have accused Chairman of the party in the state, Engr Ade Adetimehin of high-handedness and undue Interference, in the processes ahead of Saturday’s primary.
In a letter jointly signed by all Aspirants into the position,. except Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, the Aspirants said, the party chairman,
has turned himself to the Director General of the Campaign Organization of Mr Jimoh Ibrahim.
Read full Statement below:
LETTER OF COMPLAINT
We the senatorial aspirants of the ruling party, All Progressives Congress ( APC) in Ondo South Senatorial District of Ondo State, wish to express our dissatisfaction over the high handedness of the State Chairman of our party in Ondo State, Engineer Ade Adetimehin, over his direct involvement in the Senatorial Campaign in Ondo South Senatorial District, highlights of which are as follows:
- As the party Chairman in the State, he is expected to be fair to all the aspirants contesting on the platform of our great party and play a neutral role throughout the course of the primary elections of the party.
- The State Chairman, Engr. Adetimehin, has turned himself to the Director General of the Campaign Organization of one of the aspirants in person of Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim. The State Chairman has been moving from one Local Government to the other in the Southern Senatorial District to canvass vote for aforesaid aspirant. Telling party faithfuls and delegates that Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim is the anointed candidate of the Governor, and that the delegates should not bother to cast their votes for any other aspirant except Jimoh Ibrahim.
- We have made several calls to the State Chairman, and visited his office time without numbers to plead with him to desist from this his act of biaseness, but he had turned deaf ears.
- Engineer Ade Adetimehin as the State Chairman in Ondo State will be the one to welcome the party’s electoral officers coming from the Headquarters to conduct the party’s primaries in the State. Now that he is already biased by choosing to be a campaign manager for one of us, which is against the principle of natural justice, he therefore cannot be trusted because he will definitely try to influence the electoral officers to the favour of his preferred aspirant.
- We the undersigned Senatorial aspirants in the Southern Senatorial District of Ondo State, want to plead with the National Chairman, Senator Adamu Abdullahi and his executives to call the State Chairman to order by prevailing on him to stop his biasness with immediate effect, and allow all aspirants to go about their campaign without his (Adetimehin’s) interference.
- That the electoral officers coming to conduct the election in the State should not come through him or have anything to do with him. More so that Adetimehin’s Local Government,IDANRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT does not fall in Ondo South.
- That his actions if left unchecked can cause disharmony in Ondo South Senatorial District. He should be told not to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere our party has been enjoying in state, particularly in Ondo South.
- That since he has been elected to hold the esteemed office of the party’s Chairmanship position in the state, he has been enjoying the needed cooperation and support from all of us and the deserved respect accorded him.
We are still pleading with him to play the fatherly role he is elected to perform and remain neutral henceforth.
Without prejudice, we are committed to upholding the ideals of our Noble party, and we will continue to pursue same until the party achieve it’s ultimate aims and objectives.
LONG LIVE ALL APC
LONG LIVE ONDO STATE
LONG LIVE ONDO SOUTH SENATORIAL DISTRICT.