In line with the current realities in the country and commitment of Ogun State Government to ameliorate the effects of removal of fuel subsidy on the well-being of good people of Ogun State, the Administration of His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun, CON has approved the following measures for immediate implementation:
1. Cash palliative of #10,000 for each Public Servant including Pensioners to enable workers to cope with the economic shocks occasioned by the removal of Fuel Subsidy for a period of 3months in the first instance with effect from July, 2023.
2. Approval of Hazard Allowance for all Health and Medical Personnel in the State.
3. Approval of Peculiar Allowance for Public Servants in the State.
4. Immediate release of Letters of Promotion in respect of 2021 and 2022.
5. Payment of March and April, 2023 Leave Bonuses for Public Servants in the State.
6. Immediate cash-backing for the quarterly payment of gratuities to pensioners.
7. The Ministries, Departments and Agencies are to work out modalities of ensuring that 20% of their staff strengths are off-duty daily to ease the effect of recent increase in fuel price among Public Servants.
8. Commencement of food palliatives to the vulnerable (Rice, Garri, Beans, Maize etc).
9. Also, the Gateway Trading Company has been mandated to establish food distribution outlets across the State, and must sell the items at the rate obtainable in the market before removal of fuel subsidy.
10. The State is also establishing a commodity exchange to ensure optimization of current and future investment in the Agro-allied sector of the economy in line with President Tinubu’s war on food insecurity.
11. Distribution of fertilizers and other farm imputs to farmers at subsidized and control prices.
12. Full implementation of the administration’s Energy Transition Strategy with • the launch of Electric Motorbikes and Tricycles all over the State.• Commencement of conversion of State Mass Transit buses to CNG including staff buses and current public transportation buses in circulation to reduce cost of transportation by charging rates comparable to what obtained before deregulation. The first set are in the final stages and will be introduced to our roads in a matter of days.
The Government will also be acquiring additional new CNG Buses to ease transportation in the State charging fares comparable to what obtained before the fuel subsidy removal.
13. Immediate Road Infrastructure Intervention: All Local Governments working with Community Development Associations and Community Leaders are to submit 3 roads that require immediate intervention as part of the palliative programmes.
14. State Government to support Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises through Special Schemes to boost production capacity and employment generation.
Secretary to the State Government